10.25.2007

Kitchen Confidential - Anthony Bourdain

I love "No Reservations", a show hosted by Anthony Bourdain, a no-nonsense, bad-ass guy who also happens to be a chef. He's brutal about the restaurant business, absolutely detests vegetarians and spares no bones (no pun intended) with anyone in the food industry. I see him as the "ultimate cool guy"; raw, unapologetic, gritty, creative and adventurous.

His memoir does not disappoint; I didn't really get all the French and Italian words related to cuisine, but learnt some new ones. A fast-paced, very well-written read.

2 comments:

Radha said...

It's hard to think of a chef as a "rough-n-tough" guy :-)

I associate cooking skills with a loving & family-type person :-)

clickable said...

Yeah, he's definitely not the roly-poly, sweet-as-saccharine chef that one sees on Food Network. But I love his travel show...you must check it out.