11.24.2006

Sheer madness

From the NY Times...

"The Best Buy store in West Patterson, N.J., had almost 2,000 people in line for Friday's 5 a.m. opening, many of whom had lined up starting at 8 a.m. on Thursday. ''They had turkey sandwiches,'' said a Best Buy district service manager."

I really feel sad for these losers for having missed a wonderful opportunity to have dinner with family. A blogger called Black Friday a "pagan shopping holiday". I call it insanity.

Update: For those unfamiliar with this phenomenon, "Black Friday" is the day after Thanksgiving when retailers in the US offer huge discounts at throwaway prices.

6 comments:

Radha said...

Wow, what does this store sell ??

clickable said...

Electronics! But I'm guessing this was the scene in most malls.

Afternoon Latte said...

So did you go shopping on Black Friday???
We were in NYC and it was all very crazy!!!!
Oh and I really like the "Tag Cloud"

Anonymous said...

Oh I was in line at 2AM...bought lotsa goodies...19" Flat Panel Widescreen Monitor for $120, 1GB SD card for $3.99 and lots more...hee hee...was well worth it.

Anonymous said...

I don't leave comments very often but anyways...looks like M has already shared his 2 am exploits. It was kinda nostalgic - I didn't go but was reminiscing the craziness. It's fun if you have friends to go along. And there's no doubt the deals are great.

- aditi

clickable said...

I am really impressed with your enthusiasm for shopping. I have to admit - I don't think I'll ever do this even if I had very enthu friends...though I might change my mind if I see the flat-panel you bought:)