4.05.2007

I'm OK, you're OK.

http://www.wefeelfine.org has been harvesting human feelings from blogs. Basically, the system searches for "feelings" across the blogging world. In a time where personal emotions and feelings are open for all, this website seeks to take a 15000 ft. view of this phenomenon. The system is weighted on no. of total feelings. Why am I not surprised that Hawaii is the happiest state and Vegas the sexiest city in the US? I think it's a great concept...and maybe another idea for L's thesis!

I think what would be really cool is if they harvested personalities from blogs...it will be fun to see if New Yorkers are more aggressive than sleepy Cambridge. One of the creators, Sep Kamwar's bio is really impressive, and I agree with his mom whole-heartedly. Check out the section "Creators" to see what I mean.

8 comments:

Afternoon Latte said...

Excellent find Uma. Looking forward to the procrastination offered by this site and yours :)

clickable said...

Hey,

Always glad to be of service :) btw, I noticed that Evansville is rated as the happiest city, and wondered if your friend Jill's blog contributed to that feeling.

Radha said...

very cool concept; not sure how accurately it represents human feelings though.
PS: I spent so much time going thru the montage section; it was brilliant!

clickable said...

I hadn't looked at that page at all. I loved it - especially the montages and the madness sections.

Afternoon Latte said...

I didn't see that bit about Evansville - should tell Jill. She doesn't blog anymore though (that I know of) but am sure she will get a kick out of this!

Anonymous said...

Saw your previous post too - interesting sites, although I must admit my first thought was 'What's the point?'. But then again, why not? The web is going to evolve and become (or is already) as much of a medium for expression as any other, I guess...

- aditi

clickable said...

Aditi,

I think the common thread in both these websites is personalization. People are obsessed with putting a stamp on something uniquely their own. Moo is probably just a passing fad, but I think wefeelfine.org makes a good attempt at mining thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I suppose you mean personalization as in creating something unique and taking credit for creating it? In this case, the websites in question? That I agree...

Do you think it's primarily coz people are obsessed with stamping something *as their own*? What's greater - the need to express something (whatever form that might take), or the desire to claim it as yours? Or both? Anyways....I'll leave it there. This is a question I've been toying with in my head for a while and just thought of a few more 'why nots' to answer for myself :)

- aditi