9.02.2006

Omkara

Watched the much hyped movie this weekend. Though I loved the editing, direction and the dialogues, the movie left me asking for more. It was probably because I was expecting too much from it. I think I should just enjoy a movie without reading any blogs/reviews about it. In any case, personally, I thought Othello’s character is supposed to be a very passionate, almost violent role; but the restrained Ajay Devgan did not do justice to the role. Though he acted well, I could not see the despair and the jealousy that the character needed to depict. Konkana Sen, as usual was brilliant; and Saif’s gaalis left me chuckling.

L and I came up with an alternate casting:
Othello: Abhishek Bachan
Iago: Manoj Bajpai

2 comments:

Radha said...

I think Manoj Bajpai wud've made an awful 'Langda Tyagi'. Saif was perfect as Iago who is supposed to look sincere on the exterior but crooked underneath. Manoj Bajpai just looks too 'bad-guy' to pull that off.
Abhishekh as Omkara sounds good though!

Anonymous said...

I think Aamir Khan would have been an excellent Langda Tyagi, credit to Saif that he managed to parallel Aamir's peformance in 1947 Earth. Abhishek would have made a glamorous Omkara in my opinion not sure if the director wanted that.