9.10.2006

Randomness

Can you come up with random things about yourself? By random, I mean eccentric or quirky – something random enough that it’s not an essential characteristic, but it’s still you. It’s actually a difficult Q, and I had to think hard to come up with mine. Maybe I’m not weird enough. Uff – normal is so boring.

1. I had 2 imaginary friends with really weird names. I was 9-10 by the time I realized it was probably time to let go of their friendship.
2. I press the toothpaste in the center; not from the end, and it drives L insane.
3. The clothes in my closet are arranged by color – from whites, warms to cool shades.
4. The toilet paper roll has to unwind from the top; it really upsets me if it’s unwinding from under.

And no…I don’t solve Sudoko on toilet paper!

8 comments:

Radha said...

Im hurt that u never told me abt these imaginary friends!!!

Afternoon Latte said...

:)
So # 2 would drive me insane too!!!!
But I'm with you on #4!!!!
Oh and I really like playing Antakshari with myself to spend time :)

~ a said...

1) i used to have imaginary conversations with myself, wherein i'd play the roles of anybody, be it shahrukh khan, or my school teacher!

2) cleaning is my favorite de-stresser, i've apparently got obsessive compulsive disorder (for cleaning)

Radha said...

Is 'wierd childhood imagination' a family trait???

clickable said...

hehe...I guess it is!

~ a said...

hehe, i think that's one of the reasons why i can modulate my voice better and am a good speaker! :) i had a lot of practice!! :))

Anonymous said...

1. Imaginary conversations sounds spooky.
2. Meself not very particular how the toothpaste is pressed.
3. My clothes are as per category casuals, formals, office wear, ethnic
4. I tried this one, changing it upside down, yes it can be irritating
5. I talk to myself when no one is around (I can have conversations :D)
6. When listening to songs..I barely let them finish before I switch OR I play the one I like at times again and again depends on my mood.

- M

HyperActiveX said...

Some random comments from a random-walker passing by your blog:

" ... something random enough that it’s not an essential characteristic, but it’s still you" - interesting way to describe one's quirks (which are not quite eccentricities, but could become those when they grow up).

Normal is boring? So says the T-shirt. BUT - There are times when I'd give an arm and a leg for some "normal-ness" in my life. And some boredom too. The trick about boredom is to be aware of the fact that you're approaching the point where you think "heck, I'm bored", but to not quite reach it. Personally, I think a little boredom once in a while can be a good tonic to re-vitalise your life.

Do you have an uncontrollable urge to straighten wall-hangings that are a bit tilted?

I can't stand wires and cables that are hurriedly wound up e.g. cell phone chargers, laptop cables, etc. They've got to be neatly folded and wrapped.

Speaking of randomness, I'm reading a book called "Fooled by Randomness" by a guy with the unlikely name of Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Its not fiction, so be warned.